Sharing a funny with y'all

So way back when, when I was in the process of getting divorced I had a funny thing happen to me. I have always been a barefoot girl.I detest wearing shoes and when spring comes around my feet breath a sigh of relief. So knowing this, I always had an extra pair of shoes or flip flops in my car or trunk somewhere.

One particular morning, my (then) husband had called me and we had gotten into a fight and I was running late to get the kiddos to daycare and school and I run out the door to the sitters house. I got there and since she was a friend as well, I was kinda giving her the short version of what happened, then became even more agitated. I told her I had to leave and get my butt to work before I got fired. So I go ahead and head to work.

Once I got to work, I realize my major faux pas. I have no shoes on my feet. I about died of embarrassment. But I also remembered that I had a pair in my trunk. So I get looking and looking. And I couldn't find anything. Not a single pair. Not even a pair of socks!!! So now I am freaking out because my boss is in the office. Some background, it was a very small company and we were more like family for the most part, but this boss sometimes got very angry.

I had to go in and fess up right away obviously. I am seriously dying of embarrassment at having to tell him something so redneckish! I mean who in the hell actually forgets their shoes on their way to WORK? I told him, "We have a problem. There are two ways that we can deal with it and whatever you want is what I will do. I forgot my shoes and normally I have an extra pair or two of flip flops or shoes in the car but there are none!" about this time he starts DYING laughing! so I continued, "You can either send me home to get the shoes or you can let me work without any shoes!" We had a LOT of laughs that day and many more to come in my 12 years of employment with them. (He chose to let me work without shoes).

The most hilarious part of all of this is that I had two bosses, a father and son. I was a lot closer to the son than the father but on this particular day, the son was on his once a year vacation in Colorado with his family. I even had to call him and tell him. It was one of the most memorable times in my years there. Since then I haven't forgotten my shoes one time!

1 comment:

  1. Lol that is awesome. That could happen to me I am a barefoot person still

    ReplyDelete