Holy Homework Batman!

So I finally got off my butt and got registered for school. I found someone who I am comfortable leaving Katie with and so now I had no reason to not go to school. But call me old old-fashioned but WHEN did they start assigning so much homework? It has been pretty ridiculous around my house lately with the sheer amount of pencil to paper crap that has been going on between Gavin & Alana and then adding in my 3 classes? ugh I think we may have already killed of 2 trees. And I have only been in school for about 2 weeks!

But I am doing pretty well other than feeling like I am a senior citizen! I am in one class and there are 3 older than me. 2 fifty somethings, a 70 something and me. The rest are between 18-22. It is ridiculous! I guess that is the majority of college campuses though! :o) Getting a balance between the kids & home life and school & school work has been interesting too. But so far I am making it work. I got a little behind though when Katie decided to squash a matchbox car on my keyboard of my laptop. She shut the lid and it was Awesome!

I was down a computer for about a week while I waited to get the replacement. I had Jeremy help me take apart the computer to remove the old one. Then I actually put it back together by myself!

The kids are doing well in school too. Gavin has an issue with thinking he can't do something. The teacher had sent him home with a book that was about planets and the solar system and he had a tough time with some of the words but he just didn't even want to try to read it. We got through it really well actually. Once I reminded him that he can read at a 4th grade level on some words he was great!

Alana is struggling with math a little bit this year. They are doing more word problems and right now doing rounding and she is having such an issue with that. She is a very exact kinda girl that she is having a rough time wrapping her head around estimating.

Gavin and her decided (at her request) to make a 'Heart Business'. They made and cut out paper hearts and went out to the end of the driveway and started trying to sell them. They actually did sell 2 of them to the neighbors but they had a lot of fun doing it.

Katie started going to her new baby sitter's house on her birthday. I found her on craigslist and she has a almost 3 year old boy and a 9 month old little girl. It is working out really well so far. She is really nice and Katie really likes her and her kids. They all seem to like Katie as well. So hopefully this will work out for the long run. I don't want her to move from person to person. But I also don't want her to be with only me either. She needs to branch out and have some interaction with children her own age. Plus it is working out great for school and also for me to have a little bit of time away from her too.

No comments:

Post a Comment